Read in your language;

Saturday, June 15, 2013

California's calling!



California's calling!


And after a few weeks of a vacation I continued my adventures around the world with a special thing, USA, and I was a firs-timer. I headed to Californian, sunny, beautiful San Francisco. Usual staff, early morning flight with my favorite Middle East company and long flight towards San Fran. After a 15h flight I steeped with my foot for a first time to USA sole, and I must say it was a pretty different then any other destination I have been so far.





It was a sunny day and perfect for some exploring the city. Rented a car, nice one, Chevrolet Impala 2013, and started my journey. One thing, if you are going to rent a car then you better go towards the city after 8-8:30, because the people are going for work then and to come back after 17:00 same story but back from work, I am talking about free way. After a 20 minutes ride I arrived in heart of San Fran, beautiful city, the up-and-down city, because everything is more less like that, my name. There is so many thing to be seen so Ill point only few major once.



First on the list was Golden Gate
bridge, the main attractions in San Francisco, thousands of people come during the day to take a picture with this giant. Long 2.737 m ~ 2.7 km and 27.4 m width was declared as a Wonders of a Modern World by Modern Society of Civil Engineering. Really beautiful thing, it's not big as I expected, watching in the movies, but it's amazing and must see if you are coming to San Fran. Around the bridge there is a place to stand and enjoy the view to San Francisco Bay which, by the way has many things to offer. Also, a beautiful park to have a pick-nick with you family and friends.



So, the next thing which is must see and it's on your way to Pier 33 which is a must as well, but later about that. Now I will focus on "The Rock" or, if you are not familiar with the name, Alcatraz, the biggest name in term of Recreational Facilities. It was a military prison, light house since 1868 but built 1847 and today is for a visit from anyone who would like to see this wonderful thing. Anyway, the Alcatraz is famous about one thing and that is, no escape prison. Many people tried to escape but non of them succeeded, 14 attempts from 36 inmates, most of them were shot-killed by guards. The only escape was in 1962 by John Paul Scott but he was recaptured immediately after reaching the shore. And after that famous trio declared as MIA from FBI, same year as previous mentioned escape, Clarence and John Anglin with Frank Morris. They have escaped with inflatable raft, some say they died, some they escaped but no one knows the real story.



The next important thing to see and its around the shore is lovely see side area, full of bars and restaurants, colorful and joyful. Because of the position of the city and way out to bay, San Francisco is very
famous about sea food, daily the fresh fish and rest of the sea food has been served to costumers to enjoy, and I must say its really tasty, you can try sea food salad, made as a combo of a fresh sea food. Shore itself is full of people, mostly tourist and few locals, I was there during the work days, maybe is different  during the weekend, and of course street musicians and performers. On a beautiful day its a perfect place to spend your day with your family, friends or person you like.



So after this I visited few more things, first stop was Alamo Square known by the colorful old houses on the top of the hill. The houses are magnificent, few of them are even in the same shape but different colors, it was nice to see something different then old school houses with same colors, not offence, butI like this once more. There is a lot of them but ill show you the once which made a biggest impact on me during this lovely trip to San Francisco.






It was a long day so I managed the most of thins I wanted to see, beside of this I have visited the Market Street with the shopping mall and all possible Coffee Shop's, same brand, you can maybe guess which one. St_bucks, I like coffee but this was a bit boring, no offence. I don't have a picture of it because I came very late at night so it will all stay on the link. Later I stopped at City Hall, beautiful I must say, worth of seeing. And in the end Castro street. Very live during the night, something for everybody. Almost forgot about it, If you have a chance the must must do is to take a ride in the old school trump. Its very cheap and nice, you can see most of the city if you take a ride, and this is one of the last places where you can actually do it. The best one is if you can take from the shore I have mentioned above all the way to top to Alamo Square and back, ride is 6$ and worth every dollar. So, that's my day in San Francisco, please recommend to your friends and let me know if you have any wishes I can make.






That would be all for today, hope you enjoyed reading as much as I was writing, all the best. Nikola



No comments:

Post a Comment