Read in your language;

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

When the Cherry-blossom trees bloom in Osaka

When the Cherry-blossom trees bloom in Osaka

So, it was a 01am when I headed back to the airport for my flight to one of a kinda adventure. To country of the rising Sun, where politeness and respect are still the main values and you can actually feel it in the air, no disrespect to anybody but this is the way I see it. Kon'nichiwa, Sayonara, Arigato are only some of the words which can be heard during this almost 09h flight. Polite way of talking to others or the way of
speaking is learned for years and its not really easy to master, and if you do it wrongly you are most probably going to offend the person you are trying to amaze, yes you are right its called Keygo. First time when I was there I was amazed with the level of respect, politeness and many more values which you cant see now days anymore towards person you are having conversation with. I am showing importance to this subject because to have this in you culture is very impressive and more impressive then this is that everybody respect it, from first to the last one, and for generations didn't changed a bit, one of a kind experience.


And the time was passing slowly, because its a very quit flight, so I was watching the movies and enjoying the experience of one the best, and maybe the air carriers from Middle East. Service is perfect, attention to details very good and so on, anyway, I headed to rest room to refresh myself, and now you are asking yourself, why in Earth he is writing about this?! So the moment I have entered the rest room, funny thing caught my eye, and it was nothing less then Origami. Confused with my small reception by my dear host swan quickly refreshed my face and headed back to my seat. on the way there I saw one of my good friends , after a quick chat I've shoot the question, of course at first she was laughing but then she explained to me; whenever someone goes to toilet to do whatever, he/she/it leaves an Origami
, why, I interrupted of course, it means the rest room is clean and ready for a next person, say what? , was my reaction, so let me get something straight, you go to rest room, do your thing, if satisfied with cleanliness of the rest room you leave the paper mark, Origami, to signal to others the rest room is good for use? Yes, she replayed. Now, why did I emphasized on this, because not so many cultures have this and its a mind blowing thing, at least to me, and because of the people who are thinking to go to Japan for a vacation, just wanted to make you familiar with customs of the, at least for me, best cultural country these days.


After few attempts t sleep and some coup of noodles, we were landing, and I was already prepared for a mind blowing adventure. Of course I had a plan. I was so eager to to as much as I can the way only I can do. So I had a 30h to rest, to some things and enjoy Osaka and Kyoto, so its gonna be interesting task, but you know me, either you do it 100% or you don't do it at all, I am the 100% one, lol. Seteled down in hotel
and went to metro station to go to Osaka castle, straight away of course, and, I forgot to tell you I LIKE SAMURAIS, big time, huge fan! Entered the main Osaka metro station and of course my Japanese is not that good so I had a bit problem here, lol, but of course, people are so kind here, that the lady, heading to other direction, took me for a hand and literally left me on my metro platform, that's the culture I am talking about in past 10 minutes, how many of us would do this? Moving on, sorry but we have tight scheduled here, after some time I arrived at the metro station which headed directly to castle of Osaka. I was so nervous that I run from station towards castle, and after few up's and down's 


I arrived at, after to be my favorite place, and you know why? -Its full of samurais, a lots and lots of them. Symbolic entrance fee and the party can start. By the way, castle started with building 1583. by Toyotomi Hideyoshi who was daymio, politician  warrior and general, the Japanese second "great unifier" . 
Construction was completed in 1597. and the same year the grate Hideyoshi died. Behind this castle is a great history, so if you have any chance to go, see and experience these marvelous building full with history, please do, you will not regret a thing, for me a best part of the day. In side of the castle you will find so much more then you expected, form history of Japan itself and Osaka, all the way until modern time. Full of colors, signs, samurais, weapons and much much more its a real Diamond of Osaka, worth of all time and effort. Only thing is that inside you are not allowed to take pictures because of the historical value of some exponats and figures but your eyes are gonna do the trick and mind is gonna take some bad a** pictures, which are for life. I would warmly recommend this castle!


Next station, Golden Temple. Going back to Osaka main metro station and heading to Kyoto now. Kyoto itself has so many things to offer that you don't know where to go first, but, kindness sent me to a right directions, again. Bus number 100 if I remember correctly and straight to Golden Temple (Kinkaku-ji) .
Entrance fee symbolic once again and here I come. The temple itself is very popular, you can see so many tourists here and school kids as well, seems that everybody are interested in this temple, whats the story behind? It was found in 1397. by Saionji Kintsune and after that sold to a Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu and its transformed into a complex and its one of 17 Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto World Heritage. Very beautiful and interesting temple, it a real beauty, must see if you are coming to Osaka/Kyoto. The whole complex is very big so as you may see on the picture, there is a big pond, which is full of Koi fishes, so its very colorful. from there you have a bug steps to lead you around the complex and after to exit itself. Its not big as the next one I am going to show you but the years made it so famous and beautiful, same as vine, the older it is, the better it tastes.


After visiting the Golden temple it was time to eat something, and that was, Japanese style pancakes.
Now you are telling yourself, that's not something special, but actually it is, the way they are stuffed is.
I'll try to make it clear. They are made same as Us pancakes, tick and full of dough, but they are stuffed with seafood and sort of kind of things which comes from the see, sea vied, fish, prawns and so on, something like this and all of that is of course deepen in secret sos, yummy.  They are very nice and tasty and would recommend as a must. Because of the filling inside is going to hold your hunger for a long time so you continue your traveling experience. 


With a full stomach I continued my travel towards the must see temple in Kyoto, the all mighty and great Kiyomizu-dera, something spectacular. It is a beauty, founded in 778. and its made without single nail, wow,
such a massive temple without a single nail, I told you its a something spectacular. His place is in the up hill of Kyoto and its a must see if you are going to visit Osaka or Kyoto. It is build until perfection, every inch is arranged and its a breath taking scene. This temple as the Golden temple is part of a Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto. This one of a kind temple is welcoming the hundreds of people every day and its a huge attraction in Kyoto, if you ask anyone about it everybody will know and will be proud. Hopefully you will go and see it yourself because its a lifetime experience and its worth every dime, second and drop of sweat, its a long way up.


The thing's I wanted to do I managed and after all of this running I felt a little bit sleepy so I headed back to my good hotel and slept until my flight back. Until next time, be safe and let me know what do you think about my work.



P.S. On 25th I'll be in Algeria so if you are there please do let me know, coffee is better when you have company!

No comments:

Post a Comment